Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

No Headline

The old and barbarous custom of stamping in the dining-hall, on the appearance of a visitor in the gallery with his hat on, will, we trust, never be renewed. It has become a thing of the past. Still, although the students have shown a more courteous spirit, nevertheless the discourtesy of wearing a hat in the hall is just as great as it ever was, and of course the discourtesy is greater if the offender be a student than if he be a stranger. It is with great surprise, then, that we learn that some of the students, boarding at the hall, actually wear their hats until they come to their tables, which sometimes are half way down the hall. This is, to say the least, discourteous. Further, it shows an unwillingness to make practice and preaching agree. All hats should be removed by those entering the hall, before the area beneath the visitors' gallery is left. The student who violates this rule may some day be embarrassed by the stamping, such as has in the past been directed toward careless visitors in the gallery.