Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Freshmen, 20; M. I. T. 1901, 3.

The Freshmen defeated M. I. T. 1901 yesterday afternoon on Holmes Field, by a score of 20 to 3. The feature of the game was the hard batting of the Freshmen, who secured a total of twenty hits. Jaynes, in particular, made five singles out of six times at bat, and scored four runs. Fincke also showed up well, making one three-base hit besides three singles, while Cropley, Putnam, Kendall and Whittemore made two hits apiece. Whittemore, who pitched for the Freshmen, proved very effective and allowed only six hits, all of which were scattered. For M. I. T. 1901, Townfield and Shepard both made two singles, and Wood a home run.

The fielding of the Freshmen was, on the whole, sharp and fairly accurate. Putnam and Fincke, however, were not up to their usual form, while Jaynes missed an easy fly in centre field Robinson at third, on the other hand, threw well to first and had three assists to his credit, besides a difficult put-out. Milne, Whittemore and Kendall also played a good, strong fielding game. Wilder in left field made the star catch of the game for the M. I. T. freshmen while Hull secured a difficult foul fly in the second inning.

The score of the game by innings follows:

Inning, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Freshmen, 0 0 4 2 2 4 5 3-20

M. I. T. 1901, 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0-3