Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male
Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest
Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections
City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum
FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End
The work of tearing down the old Eustis house on the future site of Randall Hall is already in progress. This hall, given by J. W. and Belinda L. Randall to the University, will stand on the corner of Kirkland street and Divinity avenue, directly back of Memorial. It will face on Divinity avenue. According to the contract it should be finished by April 1, 1899, but it will not be used until the following fall. It is intended that Randall Hall shall supply a need which the Foxcroft only imperfectly meets and that the Foxcroft cease to be run as a dining hall after its completion. It will be conducted on the same plan as the Foxcroft and in all probability the fare will be the same, although it may be more expensive at first.
Wheelwright and Hazen are the architects of the building, which will be in the style of the late Georgian period. It will be built of a dark red brick, with trimmings of limestone. The main feature of the side on Kirkland street will be an arcade of high arched windows.
The building will be divided into two sections to be occupied by the dining hall and auditor's office, the smaller section, by the scullery and serving room. The kitchen and store rooms will be in the basement.
The dining hall, which will be 92 feet long by 66 feet wide, will seat 528 at one time. The number that may be accommodated at each meal will of course be much larger. There will be forty-four tables, each seating twelve.
Want to keep up with breaking news? Subscribe to our email newsletter.