Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Harvard's Coaches.

Every year many graduates come out to coach the different athletic teams and crews of the University and to these men undergraduates are indebted for their interest in the general advancement of Harvard athletics. A summary of the year's work under the various coaches should be of interest and at the same time should bring some slight recognition of their services.

During the fall a large number of Harvard graduates appeared daily to help the eleven, among them being: A. F. Holden '88, W. H. Lewis '95, Dudley Dean '91, W. A. Brooks '89, B. G. Waters '94, R. W. Emmons '95, George Adams '86, E. N. Wrightington '97, L. F. Deland, and the late Marshall Newell '94. W. Cameron Forbes '92 was early appointed head coach, but for a short time was interrupted in that capacity, his place being best filled by Bert Waters. Among the men who aided occasionally were J. P. Lee '91, R. H. Hallowell '96, R. D. Wrenn '95, W. Mackie '94, J. Dunlop '97, and J. Crane '90. Mr. Lathrop had complete charge of the physical condition of the men. The spring football squad was in charge of Guy Murchie '95.

The Freshman crew has been in charge of E. C. Storrow '89, aided by R. Townsend '96. For the first few weeks the squad was helped by several of the undergraduates, among them ex-Capt. Goodrich, Perkins '98, Perkins '99, Adams, Bull and Marvin. The '98 class crew was coached by N. W. Mumford '90, '99 by Nelson Perkins '91, and 1900 by J. J. Storrow '88. At the Weld, Donovan's coaching was supplemented by the work of W. S. Youngman 3L. as head coach.

The most prominent of the graduate baseball coaches have been C. L. Smith '95, F. Mason '93, J. Wiggin '93, C. J. Paine '97, J. Highlands '93, and J. Frothingham '93. Mr. Lewis of the Boston team has coached the 'Varsity and Freshman pitchers.

In the development of the track team the chief assistance was received from E. B. Bloss '94 and W. F. Garcelon L. S. '95, in the broad jump and hurdles respectively.

F. C. Hood '86 coached the lacrosse team in the fall.