The Team Leaves for West Point.

In yesterday's practice the University eleven played with less life than usual. This was owing mainly to the fact that a large number of players were allowed to take the day off. Hallowell, Swain, Boal and Reid were all absent from the practice. Although Gierasch did not play yesterday, he will be in condition for the West Point game. Reid will also be out in a few days. Boal, however, injured his leg in the Amherst game and will not be able to play for a week.

The work of the ends was the worst feature of the practice. With the single exception of Ristine, they all missed several tackles. Kasson, who was tried at centre, played a fair game. J. Lawrence showed great improvement at tackle.

Behind the line there was a great deal of confusion, as many of the backs were kept out by slight injuries. There was also a good deal of fumbling, in which respect Ellis and Warren were the worst offenders. Sawin played at quarter, and ran the team well.

In the two short halves which were played yesterday, the first eleven scored three times. In the first half, the second kicked off to Daly, who ran the length of the field for a touchdown. The rest of the half was devoted to line bucking, but, owing to the strong defense of the second eleven, which succeeded in holding the first on the fifteen-yard line, there was no more scoring. In the second half, the first scored twice by line plunging, Ellis and Warren carrying the ball over the line.

The line-up yesterday was as follows: First.  Second. Campbell, Ristine, l.e.  r.e., Hoxie. Blagden, Knowlton, l.t.  r.t., Peyton, Spratt. Barnard, l.g.  r.g., Carroll. C. Sargent, Kasson, c.  c., Wheeler, Walsh. Burden, Rainsford, r.g.  l.g., Lee. J. Lawrence, r.t.  l.t., Gilbert, Blagden, Donald. L. Motley, r.e.  l.e., Gray, Hawkins. Daly, Sawin, q.b.  q.b., E. Motley, Edmunds. Kendall, Brayton, l.h.  r.h., Martin, Jaynes. Ellis, r.h.  l. h., Noyes, Putnam. Warren, f.b.  f.b., R. Lawrence.

A squad of twenty-three men, including the first eleven and substitutes, will leave for West Point this afternoon at half-past three. The team will go first to New York, where it will spend Saturday morning.