UNIVERSITY CLUB.

Henry Lee Higginson '55 Gives $150,000 for a Building Fund.

Major Henry Lee Higginson '55, who gave Soldiers Field to the University, has given the sum of $150,000 to be used for the erection and equipment of a building suitable to the uses of a University Club. The Corporation, in return, offers the Warren property, at the corner of Harvard and Quincy streets, for the site of the building.

Plans for the erection of the University Club have been under consideration since last spring, when a new committee was formed by combining the old University Club and Memorial Committees. The committee decided last spring that the best form of memorial to the Harvard men who died in the Spanish war, would be a building which should be so connected with the daily life of the students that the memory of our volunteers should be constantly impressed on each successive generation of Harvard students. It is hoped that the club may be made an undergraduate centre by having offices provided in it for the various College papers, meeting places for the different societies, and offices for the athletic managers.

A meeting of the members of the committee will be called next week to consider more fully what the internal arrangement of the club should be.