SENIOR CLASS MEETING

An Important Paper from the Clubs.--Australian Ballot System Adopted.

The most important business which came before the meeting of the Senior class last evening, was the announcement by the presidents of the Delta Upsilon, Pi Eta, and Hasty Pudding clubs, that these clubs would form no combinations or slates this year.

On motion of W. P. Eaton it was voted that the election should be by the Australian ballot system. There was some discussion, but no definite method of election was decided upon. On motion of W. Morrow it was voted that the chair be empowered to appoint a committee of five to submit a plan of election at a class meeting to be held on Friday evening, or sooner if all arrangements were completed.

Following is the club report read at the meeting:

"It has been customary for some years past, at the time of Class Day elections, for the three Senior clubs, namely, the Pi Eta, the D. U., and the Hasty Pudding, to make a combination and to arrange a slate satisfactory to themselves, and regardless of the rest. The members of these three clubs were practically pledged to vote for that slate, so making a solid body larger than any other that could easily be formed. In this way they were able to elect their own candidates, even though they might not have been the choice of the majority.

"The clubs this year have decided not only to make no combination, but also to arrange no slates, and to leave the matter of nominations to the class as a whole. (Signed)

"F. L. Higginson, Jr.,

"Pres. of Hasty Pudding Club.

"C. R. Hayes,

"Pres. of the Pi Eta Society.

"W. C. Arensberg,

"Pres. of Delta Upsilon Fraternity."