Reception to New Students.

The meeting of welcome to all students entering the University this autumn will be held in Sanders Theatre next Tuesday night at 8 o'clock. In departing somewhat from the usual form of exercises, the Committee on the Reception to New Students proposes to try to meet more adequately the existing needs of the newcomer. The purpose of the Committee is to advise students who are strangers at Harvard as to how they may establish personal relations with congenial men already at College. In three ways, the Committee believes, the personal life of the College has pleasantly organized itself,--in religious societies, in literary work, and in athletics. Professor Peabody will speak about the religious life of Harvard, Professor Baker about the literary, and Professor Hollis about the athletic life. Addresses will also be made by Professor Wendell, who is to preside, by President Eliot, and by W. A. M. Burden '00. The meeting will be attended by the football, the baseball and the crew men in a body, and by invited guests from the various other College activities. It will close with the singing of Fair Harvard, in which the Glee, Club has been asked to lead.