Harvard-Yale Freshman Game.

The Freshman nine left Cambridge yesterday to play the Yale freshmen this afternoon at New Haven. A large crowd cheered the team as it left the Square.

Although the Freshmen have lost several games, and have at time showed poor form, the team is now in good condition. The old weakness at catcher has been remedied by playing J. D. Clark there, and the battery is now above the average of Freshman teams. The infield is still weak, but during the last few days the men have shown a little more accuracy and speed. Story at third base and Baldwin at first are both reliable men, but Lancy and Jackson at shortstop and second base are not covering enough ground. The outfield is slightly improved by the addition of Minton, who has been out of the game for some time. With the exception of Clark, Clarkson, Baldwin and Minton the men are weak at the bat, but as much time has now been given to batting practice an improvement is looked for.

No comparison of the strength of the teams can be made by scores, but on form Harvard seems to have a slight advantage. The great fault for the Yale team is weak batting, and there is also a lack of good pitchers. The record of the Yale team to date is as follows: Park City a. C., 8 to 5; Yale Law School, 4 to 6; Tafts School; 2 to 5; Hotchkiss, 18 to 5.

The batting order: Harvard '03.  Yale '03. Clark, c.  r.f., Blount. Jackson, 2b.  c.f., Oglesby. Clarkson, p.  1b., Littlefield. Story, 3b.  3b., Tobin. Comins, r.f.  l.f., Smith. Baldwin, 1b.  2b., McKnight. Black, c.f.  s.s., Thompson. Minton, l.f.  c., white. Lancy, s.s.  p., Alsop.