American Athletes at Paris.

The officials of the Paris Exposition have just sent a message to the American universities which intend to send teams to compete in the Paris Olympian games this summer, that the programme of events has been altered so that no final heats will be held on Sunday. As this objection of the Americans to competing on Sunday has been the only obstacle in the way of their entering, seven American universities have now decided definitely to compete, and are now preparing teams. The Princeton team, consisting of Captain Cregan, Jarvis, Perry, Coleman, Horton, Serviss, Carroll, and possibly Hutchinson, will sail on June 14. The University of Pennsylvania will probably send a large team, but it has not yet been picked. Columbia will enter a team of seven men, but as yet Long is the only man who is sure to be a member of it. Chicago University will send Captain Maloney and three other men; Georgetown has picked Duffy and Mulligan; Syracuse has entered Prinstein, Lee and Lewis; and Williams will send Bray. Cornell has not yet decided to send a team, but will probably have some representation. Several other American college athletes will take part in the games, but merely as individuals and not as representatives of their universities.