Boat Club Insignia.

The Weld and Newell clubs have adopted a uniform system of lettering for the caps and shirts worn by their graded crews. Winning crews in inter-club races are now entitled to wear the following insignia: Juniors, white shirts and caps with black lettering; intermediates, white shirts and caps with red lettering; seniors, black shirts and caps with red lettering. The letters are to be arranged as follows: The initial letter of the boat club is to be large with a small H. U. inside. In the case of the Weld the H and U are on either side of the centre bars of the W, for the Newell, the small letters are above and below the crossbar of the N.

The large H with the boat club letters inside will hereafter be given only to crews which race with crews from other colleges, which it is hoped in the future they may do. The crews which row in interclub races and in the M. A. R. A. regatta on June 17 are not representative of the University as a crew sent to race other colleges must necessarily be. For this reason these crews will be entitled only to the small H. U. to identify their boat clubs as Harvard organizations. The red shirts formerly given to Senior crews will no longer be worn because on the river they cannot be distinguished from the shirts worn by the University crew.