Half-Courses for Last Half-Year.

Following is a list of the new half courses for the second half-year. Four of these-History 12, Economies 5 and 13, and Zoology 9a, have resulted from the division of former full courses which covered substantially the same ground. Three Architecture 5, Engineering 11a and Geology 17-are more or less identical with courses previously offered during the first half-year.

At the last meeting of the faculty it was decided to offer a pew course on Scottish History to the Accession of James VI, open to undergraduates and graduates, consisting of lectures,-Tu, Th at 9-outside reading and a thesis. Dr. Lapsley will conduct the course.

The other new courses are: History 122.-English, History since the Reform of Parliament. Tu., Th., at 2.30. and library hours. Professor Macvane.  (XV) History 292.-History of Crime in England and America. Sat., 9-11 and a third hour at the pleasure of the instructor, Professor Peale. Economics 92.-The Labor Question in Europe and the United States. Tu., Th., Sa., at 10. Mr. Willoughby.  (XI) Economics 9a2-President Institutions. Mon., Wed, Fri., at 9. Mr. Willoughby.  (II) Economics 52.-Railways and other public Works, (advanced course). Tu., Th., (Sat.,) at 1.30. Mr. Meyer.  (XIV) Economics 122.-Banking and the History of the Leading Banking Systems Tu., TH., Sat., at 11. Dr. Sprague.  (XII) Economics 192.-A General View of insurance. Men., Wed., (Fri.,) at 3.30. Professor Wambaugh. (Course 19 cannot be counted towards the degree of A. B.)  (VIII) Economics 132.-Methods of Economic Investigation. Tu., Th., at 1.30. Assistant Professor Carver.  (XIV) Education 10b2.-The Methods and equipment of a Teacher of German in Secondary Schools. Mon., Wed., Fri., at 2.30 Dr. Bierwirth.  (VII) Architecture 52.-Building Construction: Carpentry. Tu., 2.30-4.30. Mr. Newton.  (XVI) Engineering 11a2.-Machinery and Boilers. Mon., Wed., Fri., at 9, and Wed. afternoon. Assistant Professor Marks.  (II) Zoology 9a2.-Fossil Invertebrates: advanced studies of special groups . Tu., Th., at 10. Assistant Professor R. I. Jackson.  (IX) Geology 172.-Experimental and Dynamical Geology. Tu., Th., at 12, with conferences and laboratory house. Dr. Jaggar.  (XIII) Geology 252.-Special Climatology. Mon., Wed., Fri., at 2.30. Assistant Professor Ward.  (VII) Mining 112.-Mining Plant. Mon., Wed., Fri., at 10. Mr.Raymer.  (III)