Yale Bicentennial.

The preparations of the Yale Bicentennial Committee should make the celebration a famous event in that University's history. Both graduates and undergraduates have lent their aid willingly. It is estimated that about 4000 men will take part. To these must be added the members of the different departments of the university, the families of the graduates and the many invited guests.

Ample provision has been made for housing the participants. A canvass has been made of desirable rooms, and lists of these may be had from Professor Farnam. Several hundred people can be accommodated at nearby summer hotels, which will remain open. The committee suggests that graduates send at once for a list of rooms and communicate with those who offer them. All rooms on the list have been carefully inspected. All the railroads will give reduced rates to New Haven during the celebration. Gentlemen may obtain their meals in the new University Dining Hall. The prices will be moderate and several thousands can be accommodated.

The program is arranged as follows:

Sunday, October 20--10.30 a. m., sermon by Rev. Joseph H. Twichell, of the Corporation, in the Battel Chapel; special services in Center Church, United Church and Trinity Church. 3.00 p. m., address by Professor George P. Fisher, on Yale in its Relation to Christian Theology and Missions, in the Battel Chapel. 8.00 p.m., organ recital by Professors Samuel S. Sanford and Harry B. Jepson, in the Battel Chapel.

Monday, October 21--10.30 a. m., address by Thomas Thacher, Esq., on Yale in its Relation to Law, in the Battel Chapel; address by Professor William H. Welch, on Yale in its Relation to Medicine, in the Battel Chapel. 3.00 p.m., Address of Welcome to Guests, by President Hadley, with designated responses, in the Battel Chapel. 5 p. m., Reception of Guests and Representatives of the Alumni, by President Hadley, in the Art School. 9.00 p. m., torchlight procession of students and graduates. Assembly on the Campus at 8.00.

Tuesday, October 22--10.30 a. m., address by President Cyrus Northrop, on Yale in its Relation to the Development of the Country; address by President Daniel C. Gilman, on Yale in its Relation to Science and Letters. 2.00 p. m., football game with visiting team and with team of graduates, at the Yale Field. 4.30 p. m., choral performance of Professor Horatio W. Parker's "Hora Novissima," by the Gounod Society and the New Haven Symphony Orchestra, in the Hyperion. 8.00 p. m., student dramatic performance and singing, on the Campus.

Wednesday, October 23, Commemoration Day -- 10.30 a.m., procession of guests, graduates and students. Assembly on the Campus at 10.00; Commemorative Poem by Edmund Clarence Stedman, Esq., Commemorative Address by Mr. Justice Brewer; orchestra and choral music, conferring of honorary degrees, in the Hyperion. 2.30 p.m., concert by the Boston Symphony Orchestra, Mr. Wilhelm Gericke, conductor, in the Hyperion. 4.00 p.m., dedication of Woodbridge Hall and the Bicentennial Buildings. 5.00 p.m., farewell reception of the graduates and guests by President Hadley and Mrs. Hadley, in the University Hall.

The undergraduates will take part in two events, a torchlight procession on Monday night and Campus dramatics on Tuesday night.

Music, both choral and orchestral, will have a prominent part in the program on three of the four days. A very large student chorus will sing the old songs Tuesday evening on the Campus.

The list of distinguished guests is large. President Roosevelt will be present one day, either Tuesday or Wednesday. Governor McLean, of Connecticut, will attend with his staff. The Presidents of nearly all prominent American universities and colleges will be there, together with representatives of the following foreign institutions: Oxford, Cambridge, Aberdeen University, Glasgow University Victoria University, Edinburgh University, Paris University, Berlin University, Leipzig University, University of Pekin, and the University of Tokyo.