TRACK TRAINING BEGINS.

125 Candidates Start Work in the Gymnasium.--Plans for the B. A. A. Meet.

About one hundred and twenty five candidates for the track team began work in the Gymnasium yesterday. Four squads were formed which for an hour took light exercise with chest weights and dumb bells, ending by jogging four laps on the board track.

Hereafter the men will be placed in separate squads according to their events. The shot putters and high jumpers will report on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 3.30, and the pole vaulters on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3.30. All hurdlers are requested to report with the 4.30 squad. The squads will remain the same with the omission of the 11 o'clock squad.

Harvard will be represented in all the events of the Boston Athletic Association meet, to be held in Mechanics Hall on February 8. The following is a list of the different events to be contested:

Special events--Two mile run, scratch, indoor championship of America; invitation 40 yards dash, scratch. Novice events--440 yards run, scratch; 40 yards dash, scratch. Handicap events--40 yards dash, 9 feet limit; 600 yards dash, 3 yards limit; 45 yards low hurdle race, 4 flights, 2 feet 6 inches high, 9 feet limit; putting 16 pound shot, 6 inches limit; 3 standing jumps, 1 foot limit; 1000 yards run, 50 yards limit; 1 mile run, 60 yards limit.

The team relay races are not yet definitely settled, but they will probably be as follows:

Harvard vs. Yale or Pennsylvania; Harvard class teams; Cornell vs. Princeton; Dartmouth vs. Columbia; Amherst vs. Williams; Exeter vs. Andover; M. I. T. vs. Bowdoin; Boston Y. M. C. A. vs. Cambridge Y. M. C. A. and others.

First, second and third prizes will be offered in each event, with the exception of the team relay races. The track will be 130 yards in circumference, with built up turns. During the games music will be furnished by the Cambridge Manual Training School Band. Registration fees of 25 cents should be sent to J. Frank Facey, 36 Prospect street, Cambridge, and entrance fees of 50 cents per man for each event, to Mr. John Graham, B. A. A., Exeter strest, Boston, before January 30.

Besides the B. A. A. meet, Harvard will probably enter men in the Roxbury Latin School meeting on February 22 and in the intercollegiate relay races run under the auspices of the University of Pennsylvania in April.