University Calendar.

Sunday, October 5.

Sunday, Jan. 14.

Appleton Chapel, 7.30 p. m. Rev. Robert MacDonald of Brooklyn, N. Y.

Week-day morning prayers begin at 8.45 a.m. No seats are reserved.

Rev. Robert MacDonald will conduct morning prayers from January 15 to January 23.

Mr. MacDonald may be found at Wadsworth House 1 daily from 9 till 12.

Monday, Jan. 15.

Seminary of Economics. The American Iron Industry and the Tariff. II. Mr. D. S. Bobb. University 23, 4.30 p. m.

**Freshman Debating Club. Debate. Harvard 1, 7 p. m.

Question: "Resolved, That a limited monarchy, such as that of Great Britain, is preferable to a republican form of government such as that of the United States." Principal Disputants.--Affirmative: F. C. Keffer, C. R. Loring and E. L. Lane.--Negative: D. A. Baldwin, W. S. Archibald, and A. H. Weed.

Divinity School. Faculty Meeting. 17 Quincy St., 8 p. m.

Modern Language Conference. Papers: Two Laurence Johnsons and the Misogonus. Professor Kittredge.--The Pathological Element in Hebbel's Stories. Mr. J. F. Coar. Warren House, 2d floor, 8 p. m. Open to all members of the University and of Radcliffe College.

Tuesday, Jan. 16.

**Sophomore Debating Club. Debate. Sever 11, 7 p. m. Question: "Resolved, That the granting of subsidies in the United States is desirable." Principal Disputants.--Affirmative: Letchworth's Camp.--Negative: De Bray's Camp.

*Lectures upon the Dramas of Shakspere. III. The Merchant of Venice. Mr. Henry Austin Clapp. Sanders Theatre, 8 p. m. The floor seats will be reserved for students till 7.55.

+Geological Conference. Papers: The Great Trees of the Pacific Coast. Mr. A. Gaskill.--The Relative Humidity of our Houses. Mr. R. DeC. Ward.--Reviews and Notes. Rotch Building, 8 p. m.

Wednesday, Jan. 17.

**Harvard Christian Association. Hopes and Ambitions. Mr. W. P. Stanley. Phillips Brooks House, 6.45 p. m.

+Reading from English Literature of the Seventeenth Century. II. Mr. Copeland. Sever 11, 7.45 p. m.

Thursday, Jan. 18.

*Vesper Service. Appleton Chapel, 5 p. m.

Friday, Jan. 19.

*Divinity School. Devotional Service with Sermon. Mr. W. C. Adams. Divinity Chapel, 7.30 p. m.

*Lectures upon the Dramas of Shakspere. IV. Twelfth Night. Mr. Henry Austin Clapp. Sanders Theatre, 8 p. m. The floor seats will be reserved for students till 7.55.

Graduate Club. Address by Dr. Crothers. Phillips Brooks House, 8 p. m.

Saturday, Jan. 20.

Radcliffe College Scholarship Fund. The Battle with the Slums. (Illustrated with Stereopticon.) Mr. Jacob A. Riis, author of "How the Other Half Lives." Sanders Theatre, 8 p. m. Tickets with reserved seats, fifty cents, for sale at Seaver's and Amee's

Appleton Chapel--Sunday Evenings.

Jan. 14 and Jan. 21.--Rev. Robert MacDonald, of Brooklyn, N. Y.

Jan. 28 and Feb. 4.--Rev. Charles Cuthbert Hall, D.D., of New York, N. Y.

Bible Study Classes.

The following courses in Bible Study are given in Phillips Brooks House under the auspices of the Christian Association, and are open to all members of the University:

Mondays, 7 p. m. -- Old Testament Characters. Leader: Mr. G. L. Paine '96, of the Episcopal Theological School.

Thursdays, 6.45 p. m.--The Acts and Episties. Leader: Mr. W. M. Crane '02.

Thursdays, 7 p. m.--The Life of Christ. Leader: Dr. A. C. Garrett, of the Department of English.

Sundays, 12 m.--The Gospel of John. Leader: Mr. G. S. Budd, Gr.

Note.--This course will meet for the present in the parlors of the Epworth Church.

Symphony Concerts.

Thursday evenings, Jan. 25, Feb. 8, Mar. 1, Mar. 15.

Chamber Concerts.

Tuesday evenings, Jan. 30, Feb. 13, Feb. 27, Mar. 13, Apr. 3, Apr. 24.

Lectures on Shakspere.

A course of six lectures upon the Dramas of Shakspere will be given by Henry Austin Clapp, A.M., in the Lecture Room of the Fogg Museum, beginning at 8 p.m., on the dates given below. These lectures will be open to the public.

Jan. 16.--The Merchant of Venice.

Jan. 19.--Twelfth Night.

Jan. 23.--King Lear.

Jan. 26.--Hamlet.