Metallography Building.

The small building on the northeast corner of Holmes Field, until recently used by the Architectural department has been occupied by the department of Metallography. This department was founded this year, and is devoted to the study of the properties of metals and their relations to one another. Up to the present time there has been no laboratory suitable for investigations and the addition of one was much needed.

The building is two stories high and is well suited for its purpose. On the first floor there are four rooms, of which two will be used as dark rooms for the development of microscopic photographs of metallic structures, and the other two as storage rooms. On the second floor the partitions have been taken down and a single large room has been fitted up as a laboratory. Enough desks have been put in to allow eighteen students to work at the same time. A complete set of microscopic cameras and other necessary instruments have been supplied so that an accurate knowledge can be obtained of the metals under investigation.