Summer Golf Tournaments.

Among the more important golf tournaments in which Harvard was represented during the past summer were the National, Ravinoak, Shinnecock, and Western.

In the national tournament for the amateur championship of America, H. C. Egan '05 and W. E. Egan '05 both qualified, but were put out in the third round of play. H. C. Egan was defeated by E. M. Beyers three up and two to play, and W. E. Egan was defeated by F. O. Reinhart one up.

The tournament for the Ravinoak Cup which was held at Chicago the last of July was won by H. C. Egan, who defeated A. Poole of Princeton in the semi-finals five up and four to play, and P. Pyne, Jr., Princeton in the finals two up. The consolation cup in the same tournament was won by W. E. Egan.

C. T. Richardson '02 was defeated in the semi-finals and U. A. Murdock '04 in the finals by W. J. Travis in the tournament at Southampton, N. Y., for the Shinnecock Cup. L. Brown '04 entered the qualifying round for the third cup, but was put out in the first day's play by M. Tilden '05, who was defeated in the next round.

The tournament for the western golf championship began September 10 and was the last important event of the season. Of thirty-two players who qualified only eight were left after the first day's play. H. C. Egan and W. E. Egan earned the right to play in the final match by winning from their opponents in the third round and in the semi-finals. In the deciding match H. C. Egan defeated W. E. Egan one up.