The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Finals of Tennis Singles Today.

In the semi-final round of the singles of the fall tennis tournament played yesterday, R. Bishop 3L. defeated B. S. Prentice, '05, 6-2, 6-3, 4-6, 6-4; and G. a. Lyon, Jr., 3L. defeated H. V. Mason '05, 6-2, 2-6, 6-8, 6-3, 6-1. Both matches were extremely close, especially that between Bishop and Prentice, in which almost every game ran to advantage. In this match each player passed excellently and forced his opponent from the net. Bishop won through his effective service and good overhead strokes. In the match between Lyon and Mason, the passing was also very good, but Lyon surpassed his opponent in general steadiness and accuracy.

The finals of the singles will be played between Lyon and Bishop this afternoon at 2.30 o'clock. The men are very closely matched, for Bishop's greater occasional brilliancy is offset by Lyon's steadiness.

The matches in the doubles yesterday resulted as follows:

R. Bishop and G. A. Lyon, Jr. defeated W. C. Brooks and H. Davenport by default: J. Bramwell and E. Taft defeated A. Schwab and M. Wertheim, 6-5, 6-4; H. V. Greenough and D. Brannan defeated W. E. Sachs and E. H. Furman, 6-4, 6-5: G. M. Colwell and F. A. Perine defeated C. Hutchins and R. Derby, 4-6, 6-3, 6-4; J. I. B. Larned and B. S. Prentice defeated F. W. Bird and A. Hunt, 6-1, 6-4.

The matches in the doubles to be played today are as follows:

At 2.30--C. W. Blossom and A. Walt vs. S. L. Beals and P. C. Stanwood, winners to play R. Bishop and G. A. Lyon, Jr. at 4; S. N. Hinckley and L. King vs. H. S. Deming and W. D. Wadsworth, winners to play J. Bramwell and E. Taft at 3.30: R. Dresser and P. L. Miller vs. F. J. Sulloway and W. M. Tildea, winder to play H. V. Greenough and D. Brannan at 3.30.