CLIMBERS WIN SCRUB FINALS.

Defeat Skin and Bones Eleven, 5 to 0, And Receive the Bacon Cups.

The Climbers defeated the Skin and Bones in the final game of the scrub football series on Soldiers Field yesterday afternoon by a score of 5 to 0. On the defensive both teams were very weak, but the backs, on the attack, were fast and aggressive. Almost all the gaining was through line bucking, and the only successful end runs were three made by Carpenter on quarter back plays, and a run of 45 yards for a touchdown made by Carr. This run was not counted on account of off-side play by the Climbers.

In the first half Wylie kicked off to Wheeler, and the Skin and Bones team by short gains and one 15-yard run by Jewett, carried the ball to the Climbers' 13-yard line. Here the Skin and Bones were held for downs. On the first play the ball was fumbled, and on the second Bunting was thrown for a loss. Wylie punted to the 40-yard line and Titus brought the ball back a few yards before he was downed. After a short gain by Jewett, Kidder tried a place kick from the 30-yard line, but the ball was blocked. Time for the half was then called.

In the second half, Kidder kicked off to Carr who advanced the ball to the 20-yard line. By a series of short line plunges, the Climbers took the ball to the Skin and Bones' 40-yard line but here they were held for downs. The Climbers regained the ball on downs and Carr ran 45 yards for a touchdown, but as the Climbers had been off-side the play was not allowed and the team was penalized 10 yards. By three end runs by Carpenter, and a plunge through tackle by Carr, the ball was carried to the Skin and Bones 15-yard line. After several short plunges by Wylie, Bunting went over the line for a touchdown. Carpenter failed to kick the goal.

On the kick-off Wylie sent the ball back of goal and Jewett touched it back. Kidder kicked from the 25-yard line, but Carpenter brought the ball back to the 25-yard line before he was downed. The Climbers then made small gains through the line, until time was called, with the ball on the Skin and Bones' 5-yard line. Score: Climbers, 5; Skin and Bones, 0.

The line-up:

CLIMBERS.  SKIN AND BONES.Souther, l.e.  r.e., G. BrooksWire, l.t.  r.t., PalmerRainsford, l.g.  r.g., BowditchParkin, c.  c., WeadPickhardt, r.g.  l.g., KidderLloyd, r.t.  l.t., A. BrooksHarrison, r.e.  l.e., RowleyCarpenter, q.b.  q.b., TitusBunting, l.h.b.  r.h.b., JewettCarr, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Littig, CrockerWylie, f.b.  f.b., Wheele