The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

BATES GAME TODAY.

Play Begins at 4 o'clock.--University Eleven in Undeveloped Condition.

The University football team will play the Bates eleven on Soldiers Field at 4 o'clock this afternoon.

The University eleven is still in a very undeveloped condition. The need of heavy men is badly felt and there is as yet little team-play. The eleven will be further handicapped by the absence of Captain Marshall, in whose place at quarterback Noyes will play. Harrison will play fullback, and Coburn will play right guard, in place of A. Marshall, who is in the Infirmary with a wrenched knee.

The Bates team, however, is not especially strong, and the game is not likely to be as narrowly won as was the game with Maine on Saturday. Harvard's score against Bates last year was 23-0.

Following is the line-up: HARVARD.  BATES. Burgess, l.e.  r.e., Libbey Parkinson, l.t.  r.t., Connor Shea, l.g.  r.g., Turner Carrick, c.  c. Cullen Coburn, r.g.  l.g., Johnson Knowlton, r.t.  l.t., Reed Bowditch, r.e.  l.e., Cole Noyes, q.b.  q.b., Rounds Hurley, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Mahoney Nichols, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Wright Harrison, f.b.  f.b., Briggs

The football practice yesterday was poor, but slightly better than that of the preceding day. In the line-up the first eleven was able to score three times, chiefly through individual efforts. The linemen charged very high and the heavy men were slow. Captain Marshall went through the signal practice, but did not join in the scrimmage. A new player, Mercer 2M., a former Holy Cross halfback, weighing over 200 pounds, joined the squad and was tried at fullback.

The second eleven kicked off and the first was quickly forced to punt, but recovered the ball on downs. Noyes made a 25-yard run on a fake kick from a direct pass and Harrison carried the ball over. The second score was made by Meier after a number of plays had brought the ball near the goal line. The ball was then given to the second on its 15-yard line, but it was forced to punt and Randall brought the ball back 30 yards with good interference. Schoelkopf made the last touchdown.

The line-up: FIRST ELEVEN.  SECOND ELEVEN. Burgess, Bartels, l.e.  r.e., Derby, Lane Parkinson, l.t.  r.t., Lehmann, Lawrence Shea, Pierce, l.g.  r.g., Pell, Barnard Carrick, c.  c., Brooks, Upham Coburn, r.g.  l.g., Bleakie Knowlton, r.t.  l.t., Upton Bowditch, Montgomery, r.e.  l.e., Leonard, Goodhue Noyes, q.b.  q.b., Elkins Nichols, Randall, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Nesmith Hurley, Schoelkopf, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Lindsay Harrison, Meier, f.b.  f.b., Mercer, LeMoyne