The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

INTERCOLLEGIATE TENNIS.

Bishop and Prentice are Left in the Singles.

HAVERFORD, PA., October 6.--In the preliminary and first rounds of the intercollegiate tennis tournament which began here today, the Harvard entries won five matches and lost two; but only two members of the team are now left in the singles, as C. L. Cole 3L., was defeated 7-5, 6-3, by Behr of Yale in the preliminary round, and J. I. B. Larned '05, after winning from Lee of Haverford 6-3, 6-4, in the preliminary round, was beaten in the next round by Mahan of Columbia, 7-5, 5-7, 6-3. R. Bishop 3L. won both his matches, defeating Buckwalter of Pennsylvania, 6-0, 6-1, and Thompson of Princeton, 6-1, 6-4. B. S. Prentice '05 in the first round defeated Burlingham of Cornell, 6-4, 6-0.

In the doubles, Bishop and Cole defeated Buckley and Thurber of Columbia, 6-4, 7-5. As all the double matches did not take place, Prentice and Larned have not yet played.

The other matches resulted as follows: Singles--Mahan (Columbia) defeated Lewis (Yale), 6-4, 6-3; Thompson (Princeton) defeated Retzman (Cornell), 6-4, 4-6, 8-6; Cole (Yale) defeated Swain (Pennsylvania), 6-4, 6-2; Randall (Princeton) defeated Buckley (Cornell), 6-4, 7-5; Colket (Pennsylvania) defeated Systh (Haverford), 6-1, 6-1; McLaughlin (Columbia) defeated Batten (Princeton), 9-7, 6-8, 7-5; Dewhurst (Pennsylvania) defeated Doughton (Haverford), 6-0, 6-1; Cole (Yale) defeated Lammis (Princeton), 6-3, 6-4; Thurber (Columbia) defeated Salisbury (Cornell), 7-5, 6-1; Clapp (Yale) defeated Randall (Princeton), 6-2, 9-7; Dewhurst (Pennsylvania) defeated McLaughlin (Columbia), 7-5, 6-4. Doubles--Randall and Thompson (Princeton) defeated Lee and Godley (Haverford), 6-0, 6-2; Clapp and Colston (Yale) defeated Lammis and Batten (Princeton), 6-2, 6-2.

At a meeting of the Intercollegiate Tennis Association, the following officers were elected: President, B. S. Prentice '05; vice-president, C. Behr, of Yale; secretary and treasurer, R. LeRoy, Jr., of Columbia. I. Wright, of Princeton, was elected delegate to the meeting of the National Tennis Association.