Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

Lecture on Teachings of Buddha

Anagarika Dharmapala of Calcutta, India, will speak in the New Lecture Hall this evening at 8 o'clock, on "The Purpose and the Essential Teachings of Gotama Buddha." He will undertake to show the differentiations of the doctrines of Buddha from the other religions of the world.

Mr. Dharmapala's object in coming to this country is to arouse an interest among educational philanthropists to start a non-sectarian educational movement in India for the purpose of giving the 50,000,000 children of the country a training in the manual arts. There is so much illiteracy among the working people that it is impossible to better their mental condition. Mr. Dharmapala therefore, desires to regenerate these people by educating the children in elementary science and by reviving the forgotten ancient arts. He has already sent many ploughs and other farming implements to start the proposed school.

The lecture will be open to the public.