HOCKEY WITH YALE TONIGHT

Last Preliminary Game of Intercollegiate Series in New York.

The University hockey team will meet Yale in the last preliminary game of the intercollegiate championship series at the St. Nicholas Rink, New York, at 8 o'clock this evening. The probable line-up of the teams is as follows: HARVARD.  YALE. Macleod, f.  f., Marcus Lovering, f.  f., Oliver Souther, f.  f., Potter Foster, f.  f., Dilworth Clothier, c.p.  c.p., Hitchcock Carr, p.  p., Ward Manning, g.  g., Stern

Owing to the fact that with the exception of the last two days the team has not practiced on ice for some time, it is impossible to make an accurate estimate of the individual playing. The men are fast and individually skillful, but show a decided lack of teamwork. All the forwards are somewhat weak and inaccurate in their shooting, and Clothier and Carr in the back field have a tendency to leave their positions and thus give an opening to the opposing forwards. Manning, who has but recently joined the squad, and will take Litchfield's place, is always a steady, consistent player at goal.

In the league series thus far, Harvard has won two games and lost none; Yale has won two and lost to Princeton; Princeton has won three and lost to Harvard; Columbia has won one and lost three, and Brown has lost three.

The two teams which have the highest averages in the preliminary series will play the final series of two ont of three games for the championship on February 25. February 28, and March 7. Princeton is out of the contest, the team having been disbanded by the faculty on account of the academic conditions of several of its members.

The University team practiced against the St. Nicholas Club team at the St. Nicholas rink last night.