AMHERST GAME TODAY

On Soldiers Field at 4--Amherst May Prove Strong.

The University baseball team will play Amherst this afternoon at 4 o'clock on Soldiers Field.

Last year the team won from Amherst by the narrow margin of 3 to 0, only six hits being made against Kane, who together with seven other members of last year's team is again playing this spring. With such a field of material, only a fair team has thus far been develop, but their defeat by Yale, 12 to 3, and by Tufts, 4 to 3, may be laid almost entirely to lack of practice. Amherst has, moreover, already defeated Williston 2 to 1, and Rates 1 to 0.

Clarkson will pitch and Carr and Coolidge will also play, for the first time since the Southern trip.

The batting order of the teams will be as follows: HARVARD  AMHERST Mathews, s.s  3b., Chase Coolidge, 2b.  r.f., Shay Randall, 1b.  2b., Kelliher Stillman, c.f.  1b., Favour Clarkson, p.  l.f., Raftery Daly, r.f  c., Roe H. Kernan, l.f.  s.s., Sturgis Carr, 3b.  c.f., Fied R. Kernan, c.  P., Kane

No departures were made in he baseball practice yesterday, the work consisting as usual, of batting and fielding work, under the direction of coach Wendell. With the return of Coolidge and Carr, the infield played with considerably more spirit than it has previously shown this week, but a tendency to throw carelessly was very much in evidence.

The game with Williams on Saturday will be played on Soldiers Field at 2.30 o'clock, not at 3 o'clock as previously announced. On Sunday evening the squad will leave for Hanover, N. H., where they will arrive Monday morning, after spending the night in Concord, N. H., at the Eagle Hotel. The game with Dart mouth will be played Monday afternoon, after which the men will return in a special sleeping car to Cambridge, arriving early Tuesday morning.