Progress of Track Team Work.

Practice for the candidates for the University track team was held on Saturday at 12 o'clock, and owing to the snow, all work was confined to the Gymnasium. The men went through a dumb-bell drill, exercised with the chest-weights, were practiced in starts on the short straightaway in the basement, and ran ten easy laps around the gallery track.

Few candidates have as yet reported for indoor winter work in pole-vaulting, high jumping and shot-putting. Those who intend in the spring to try for any of these field events are urged to avail themselves of this winter training. Men who will enter some of these events in the Boston Athletic Association meet, which will be held in Mechanics Hall, Boston, on February 13, are expected to come out at once. Practice is now held, under the direction of Mr. Graham, on the main floor of the Gymnasium between the hours of 2.30 and 4.45 o'clock, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for high-jumpers and shot-putters; and at the same time on Tuesdays and Thursdays for pole-vaulters.