Neglected Athletic Cups.

The following cups which are now in the trophy room of the Gymnasium have been overlooked in the last few years and therefore not marked with the winners' names: the Beacon Cup for rowing, which was first won in 1858 by the crew on which President Eliot rowed, and on which should be inscribed the names of the men on the winning crew in the class races each year--this cup has not been marked since 1897, when it was won by the 1899 Sophomore crew; a silver loving-up given by Dr. F. Wells M.D. '64, on which should be inscribed the numerals of the class winning the greatest number of points in the spring track games, and which has never been marked; a cup for quarter-milers, given in 1898 by S. G. Wells '86, and which also has never been marked; the Graduates' Cup for goal-kicking, which was first contested for in 1889, when it was won by J. A. Dennison '92, and which has not been marked since. The Carroll Perpetual Challenge Cup for single soullers has been missing for several months, but was recently found.