HOCKEY TEAM LEAVES TODAY.

Game With Columbia at St. Nicholas Rink, New York, Tomorrow Night.

The University hockey team will leave on the 6 o'clock train today, to take the Fall River boat for New York, and will play the Columbia team at St. Nicholas Rink, New York, at 8 o'clock tomorrow night. The following nine men will go: Souther, Carr, Ivy, Clothier, Newhall, Wilder, Townsend, Kernan and Callaway.

As the game with Princeton, scheduled for last Saturday was cancelled, the Columbia game will be Harvard's first contest in the intercollegiate series. Columbia, in her only game thus far, was beaten by Yale by the score of 5 to 3. The University team will be weakened by the absence of Kernan, who has been out of the game all the week on account of an injured arm, and of MacLeod, who has not yet recovered from a recent illness.

Yesterday's practice consisted of general work in shooting and passing, and no line-up against the second team was held, as only part of the ice was cleared of snow.

This afternoon, before starting for New York, the University team will line up against the Freshmen, for a practice game of two twenty-minute halves. The line-up of the University team against Columbia will probably be the same as that in the practice game today.

The line-up today will be: UNIVERSITY.  FRESHMEN. Townsend, l.e.  r.e., Lowery Wilder, l.c.  r.c., Edgell Souther, r.c.  l.c., von Stade Newhall, r.e.  l.e., Gowen Clothier, c.p.  c.p., Draper Carr, p.  p., Nichols Ivy, g.  g., Tucker