Harvard and Yale in Golf Finals

Owing to the absence of the Columbia team, the 36 hole semi-final round of the intercollegiate golf tournament was played yesterday at the Myopia Hunt Club course at Hamilton. The University team overwhelmingly defeated Pennsylvania by the score of 55 1-2 points to 0, and Yale defeated Princeton by the score 16 to 2. The Harvard team played consistently good golf, but none of the individual matches was at all close and there was no particularly low scoring, although W. E. Egan '05 equalled bogey, 82, on his morning round.

The summaries follow, the method of scoring consisting of one point for each individual match plus one-half point for each hole won:

Today Harvard will meet Yale in the final round at 36 holes, and judging from yesterday's play the University team should win without difficulty. HARVARD.    PENNSYLVANIA. H. C. Egan,  6 1/2  Wacson,  0 McBurney,  9  Pepper,  0 W. E. Egan,  11 1/2  Willard,  0 Chick,  10  Topping,  0 White,  6 1/2  McCurdy,  0 Ingalls,  12  Carson,  0   55 1/2    0 YALE.    PRINCETON. Behr,  4 1/2  Reinhart,  0 Reed,  2  Olyphant,  0 Phelps,  0  Baird,  0 Smith,  4 1/2  West,  0 Clow,  0  Cochran,  2 Abbott,  5  Russell,  0   16    0