FAST PLAY IN HOCKEY GAME

Second Team Defeated by Improved Team-Work.--Game with Brookline.

Yesterday was the most encouraging hockey practice that the University team has held for some time. After the preliminary work of the forwards in working together as a team when rushing the puck, the first team defeated the second in a fifty-minute game, by a score of 11 goals to 2. Play on both sides was fast and spirited. The University team for the first time played well together throughout almost the entire game, and in this way, by advancing together and passing the puck accurately and rapidly, succeeded both in scoring many times and in keeping the second team so effectually on the defensive as to prevent it from scoring more than twice. When on the defensive, the first team forwards showed considerable ability in preventing the opposing forwards from passing them. Once passed, however, they neglected to follow back in a concerted way, and thus allowed the two goals scored against them. The shooting was both quick and hard, and considerably more accurate than it has been up to this time. The men still fail to use the sides of the rink enough and to keep near enough the puck when rushing it.

The team will play Brookline High School tomorrow afternoon at 3.30 o'clock. The line will probably be: Wilder. r.e.; Souther, r.c.; Townsend, l.e.; Macleod, l.e.; Clothier, c.p.; Carr, p.; Ivy, g.

The line-up yesterday afternoon was as follows: UNIVERSITY.  SECOND. Wilder, r.e.  l.e., Newhall Souther, r.c.  l.c., Stoddard Townsend, l.c.  r.c., Callaway Macleod, l.e.  r.e., Kernan, Prentice, Metcalf Clothier, c.p.  c.p., Egan Marshall, p.  p., Sard Ivy, g.  g., Tyer