Reading by M. Robert Dupouey.

Under the auspices of the French Department, M. Robert Dupouey will give the first of four public readings in French from the works of Leconte de Lisle and of Sully Prudhomme in Sever 11 on Tuesday, February 16, at 8 o'clock.

The first part of the reading from Leconte de Lisle will comprise: Les Jungles, Les Hurleurs, Les Elephants, Le Manchy, La Verandah, Un Coucher du Soleil, Le Jugement de Komer and La Ximena, from "Poemes Barbares;" Midi, Plaintes de Cyclope, L'Enfance d'Herakles, La Cigale, Herakles au Taureau, Vile Potabis, La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin, and La Chanson du Rouet from "Poemes Antiques;" Dans l'Air Leger, Villanelle, from "Derniers Poemes."

The second part from Sully Prudhomme will include: Au Bord de I'Eau, Fort en Theme, Un Rondezvous, and Les Vieilles Maisons from "Vaines Tendresses;" Un Bonhomme, and Un Songe from "Les Epeuves;" L' Habitude from "La vie Interieuse."

The remaining three readings of the series will be given on the evenings of February 18, 23 and 25. The second reading will comprise selections in prose and in verse illustrating the life of Paul Verlaine and the periods of his poetry. The last two readings will be extracts from the "Roman de Tristan et Iseut," translated and restored by M. Joseph Bedier.