GYMNASTIC MEET LAST NIGHT

Witnessed by a Large Crowd.--An Interesting and Creditable Performance.

The joint gymnastic exhibition with Columbia last night in the Gymnasium was witnessed by an unusually large crowd. The exhibition as a whole was a thorough success and the individual performers showed marked excellence. Both teams showed, as the result of careful and consistent training, creditable form and clever execution.

The University team excelled in work on the long and side horse, and in tumbling, while the Columbia team excelled in work on the horizontal and parallel bars. A feature of considerable interest was the jiu-jitsu of H. G. Yagi 2G. and C. Yokoyama 1G.

The work of G. F. Evans '05 on the horses and on the horizontal bar was exceptionally clever; W. L. Benham of Columbia gave the best exhibition on the parallel bars. In the tumbling the work of the University team brought forth frequent applause, as did the fencing bout between H. W. Holmes 1G. and R. S. Earle 2L. The work of E. Ashley of Columbia on the rings and the club swinging of H. J. Cadbury 1G. and R. C. Wilson, of Columbia, was of a high order.

In the pole-vault A. Robeson '04 and R. B. Gring '05 both cleared 10 feet 8 inches, an excellent performance for indoors. The boxing matches were fast and interesting, and the jiu-jitsu contests novel and exciting.

After the exhibition supper was served in the Union to both teams.