TRIALS FOR RELAY TEAMS

On Soldiers Field, Monday at 3.--Intercollegiate Meet Entries.

The trials to pick two teams to compete in the annual intercollegiate relay races at Philadelphia will be held on Monday afternoon on Soldiers Field at 3 o'clock. Teams of four men with one substitute each for the one and four-mile relay races will be selected. The Harvard teams will leave Cambridge next Thursday, spend Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights at the Hotel Aldine in Philadelphia, and return to Cambridge on Sunday. Mr. Graham and P. Dana '04, manager, will accompany the team.

The tenth annual relay races under the auspices of the University of Pennsylvania will take place at Franklin Field, Philadelphia, on Saturday, April 23. This relay carnival ranks next in importance to the annual intercollegiate track and field meet, and in some ways is of even greater interest. More than one thousand competitors will take part including representatives from Harvard, Yale, Princeton, University of Pennsylvania, Columbia, Cornell, Amherst, University of Michigan, and Georgetown. In the drawings for positions in the one-mile relay race Harvard has drawn the inside course. In such a short race this gives Harvard a slight advantage. In the four-mile relay race, Princeton dress the inside position. Yale second, and Harvard third. The University of Michigan is the present holder of the four-mile championship intercollegiate record.

In the special events at Philadelphia W. C. Schick '05 will ran in the 100 yards dash; F. W. Bird 1L., in the 100 yards high hurdles; and R. B. Gring '05. will enter the pole vault. It is very doubtful if Duffy of Georgetown, the present holder of the intercollegiate 100 yards dash record of 9 3-5 seconds, will run. In the pole vault R. B. Gring '05 should make a good showing.

All the track team candidates will remain in Cambridge during the recess and practice every afternoon. The annual University handicap games will be held April 30, on the Stadium track