HAMLET AGAIN GIVEN

Enthusiastically Received.--Mr. Robertson Addresses Audience.

The second performance of Hamlet in Sanders Theatre last night surpassed that of the night before. All the players, including Mr. Robertson himself, were manifestly more at ease on the hitherto unfamiliar Elizabethan stage, and the acting was more confident and sure. After the first scene of the third act, and at the end of the play, the appplause was long and enthusiastic, continuing after the last act until Mr. Robertson responded with a brief speech in front of the curtain. Then a flash light photograph was taken of Mr. Robertson and his company on the stage, and the knot of undergraduates' who remained gave the Harvard cheer for Mr. Robertson and Miss Elliott, and for Professor Baker.

The undergraduates' share in the performance last night, as in the one the night before was pleasing. Shortly after 8 o'clock the Elizabethan audience made a very picturesque impression as it gathered for the play. The rush strewn pit was gradually enlivened by apprentices and citizens, burghers with their wives and daughters, and gallants in Elizabethan bravery of attire. A trumpeter appeared at a door in the "hut" high above the stage and with a fanfare announced that the play would begin.

Mr. Forbes Robertson and his company will sail from New York for Southampton on Saturday, April 9, on the "Vadeland." In May Mr. Robertson and Miss Gertrude Elliott will appear in a play called "On the Edge of the Storm." The scene is in India, just before the outbreak of the Sepoy mutiny.