CRESCENT A. C. WON LACROSSE

University Team Defeated Saturday in Fast Game at Bay Ridge.--Score 8 to 6.

The University lacrosse team was defeated by the Crescent Athletic Club of Brooklyn in a fast and close game at Bay Ridge, L. I., on Saturday, by the score of 8 goals to 6.

The University team played by far its best game of the season, and somewhat excelled in team-work, but was unable to overcome the advantage which its opponents had through familiarity with the field and much longer experience at the game. One the offence, Harvard in the first half repeatedly brought the ball down the field through the opposing defence only to lose it by passing too much in front of goal; this fault was largely corrected in the second half, however, when aggressive attack and frequent shooting resulted in five goals, as against one in the first half. The University team defence was uniformly good. hays, at goal, made some difficult stops, and played an exceptionally strong game for a man inexperienced in the position. On the attack, the play of Bennett, Adams and Outer bridge of Harvard was conspicuous for coolness and good stick-work and that of O'Flynn, Wall and Kennedy of the Crescent team for speed and clever dodging. Neither team scored in the first thirteen minutes of play, and most of the scoring was done in the second half.

The line-up was as follows: Harvard.  Crescent A. C. Hays, g.  g., Allen Phillips, p.  p., Moses Lehmann, c.p.  c.p., Liffiton Bailey, 1st d.  1st. d., Drakely Kibbey, 2d d.  2d. d., Simpson, Lewis Rice, 3d d.  3d. d., Sherreff Bennett (captain), c.  c., O'Flynn Outerbridge, 3d. a.  3d. a., Jewell Adams, 2d a.  2d. a., Kennedy Blaxter, 1st a.  1st a., Wall (captain) Goddard, o.h.  o.h., Hardy Smith, i.h.  i.h., Hodges

Score--Crescent A. C., 8; Harvard, 6. Goals--Blaxter 2, Goddard 2, Hardy 2, Kennedy 2, Hodges 2, Wall, Jewell. Adams, Smith. Referee--L. J. Doyle of Crescent A. C. Time--25-minute halves.

The University team will resume practice today in preparation for its game with Pennsylvania, the second in the inter university league series, which was postponed from April 30 because of rain, and will probably be played next Friday.