Aggressive Hockey Practice.

In a practice game yesterday afternoon on the Stadium rink the University hockey team defeated the second team by a score of 3 to 1. The men played aggressively and did more body-checking than at any other time this year. The team work of the first team towards was still somewhat ragged and they seldom had opportunity to shoot. In passing there was a slight improvement, especially in passes across the rink, but the forwards, for the most part, shot wildly. The defense of both teams was good and had little difficulty in stopping the advance of the opposing forwards. Callaway, as usual, recovered quickly after losing the puck and aided the defense by his quick work in this respect.

J. B. Manning 3M. and D. P. Penhallow 3M. joined the squad yesterday afternoon.

Grant, Foster and Pell have been taken to the training table.

The line-up yesterday was as follows: FIRST TEAM.  SECOND TEAM. Pell, l.e.  r.e., Foster, Edgell Townsend, l.c.  r.c., Rumsey Callaway, r.c.  l.c., D. Wagstaff Wilder, Foster, r.e.  l.e., Macleod Newhall, c.p.  c.p., Penhallow, Fraser-Campbell Grant, p.  p., Sard Manning, g.  g., Tilden Goals--Townsend 1, Wilder 1, Pell 1, Rumsey 1.