Scrub Basketball to Begin Monday.

The scrub basketball series will begin in the Gymnasium Monday afternoon and will be continued through the week, the last of the preliminary games being played on Friday.

The following eight teams have entered the series:

Loose Screws--J. Murdoch, Jr., '06, captain, G. W. Proctor '06, U. J. Lupien '08, J. J. McCarty, Jr., '07, F. R. Mason '05.

42's--H. S. Quackenbush '07, captain, Davis, F. H. Schoenfuss '05, D. Gustafson '08, J. E. Lehman Sp., C. F. Haynsworth '06, L. R. Ach '06.

36's--R. W. Bourne 1L., Captain, Arnold, Thomas, Bates, Cox, J. Kay '06.

Cagers--H. Kangisser 2L., captain, P. Olney 2L., F. M. Hall 2L., W. M. Hall 2L., F. R. Mason '05.

Never-Sweats--A. R. MacAusland '07, captain, J. McCarty '07, H. Reed '07, E. P. Fitzgerald '07, F. W. Johnson '07.

Winners--W. S. Mendel '06, captain, H. W. Embry '06, B. White '06, H. A. Mumma '07, L. T. Ernst 3B.

Odds and Ends--W. H. Sydeman '07, captain, G. L. Clark '07, F. S. Dean '08, F. B. Wagner 3L., H. Diamond '06.

Grasshoppers--L. O. Howard '07, captain, J. D. Clarke '08, G. M. Orr '08, F. B. Whitman '08, W. D. Lee '08, R. F. Smith '07, H. AcKerman '07.

Following is the schedule:

Monday at 6.15--Loose Screws vs. Cagers.

Tuesday at 6.15--Never-Sweats vs. Grasshoppers.

Wednesday at 6.15--The 42's vs. Odds and Ends.

Thursday at 8.00--Winners vs. The 36's.

Friday at 8.45--Winner of Loose Screws and Cagers vs. winner of Never-Sweats and Grasshoppers.

Saturday at 8.45--Winner of 42's and Odds and Ends vs. winner of Winners and 36's.

In the finals the two surviving teams will play a series of two out of three games, the schedule of which will be announced later.

The following rules for the scrub series have been made:

1. All teams must appear ready for play at the Gymnasium at the time scheduled.

2. Fifteen minute halves shall be played except in the final games.

3. Scrub teams must not permit their practice to interfere with that of the University or Freshman teams, or with the work of classes or teams using the Gymnasium regularly.

4. Captains have been appointed and will be held responsible for the prompt appearance of the teams. Ten minutes delay in starting will for felt a game.

5. Officials will be appointed by the management and balls will be furnished.