Rowing Plans.

The University trial eights squad and the candidates for the four class crews will be called out shortly after the mid-year period. The work will be conducted in two divisions, a University division and a division for the class crews, and will consist of light practice on the machines until the weather permits work on the river.

The University trial eights squad consisting of two crews picked last fall, will row until about May 10, when a race between the two crews will be held over the three and three-eighths mile course. The University squad will then be chosen. The race for the class crews, including the Freshmen, will be held about May 25. Since the system for the University division will be parallel to that of the class crews, the men on the latter will be watched and will, if they show ability, be taken up to the University division.

The class crews will be divided between the boat houses, the Seniors and Juniors rowing from the Weld, the Sophomores and Freshmen from the Newell. If a sufficient number of men try for these crews, two divisions will be formed, each containing two crews from each class. The election of the captains will be held some day next Week.