Cross Country Run and Track Work

Yesterday afternoon the 30 candidates for the cross country team were sent out on the first of the practice runs under the leadership of A. King 2L. The course was about two miles up the Speedway along the Cambridge bank of the river, and back to the Locker building by the way of Mt. Auburn Street. As this was the first run of the season the pace was very slow, and the men were allowed to run almost as they pleased.

The intercollegiate cross country run will take place on either November 24 or 29 over the Travers Island course. The team and substitutes will be picked about the first of November, and a practice run with the M. I. T. will be held about the middle of next month.

The rest of the track squad was given regular work. The sprinters were sent in 100 yard heats, and the half-mile men were given quarter mile trials. Entries for the scratch meet for Freshmen to be held next Monday should be made in the blue books, which have been placed in the Locker building, before 6 o'clock Friday. Cups will be awarded to winners of first and second places.