HARVARD VS. SPRINGFIELD

In Stadium at 3.--Foster at Halfback Again.--No Scrimmage Yesterday

The University football team will play the Springfield Training School this afternoon at 3 o'clock in the Stadium.

This will be the first time that Harvard has ever played the Training School, and from the fact that Yale met the Springfield team on Wednesday, winning by the score of 29 to 0, an early opportunity will be given for judging the relative strength of Harvard and Yale. In the game Wednesday, three of Yale's touchdowns were scored either on fumbles or as a result of poor kicking. Yale punted frequently on the first down and was able to meet the Springfield attack effectively. The team is heavier than any which Harvard has met this season. There is not enough of variety in its attack, however, and as it is slow in getting started, the University line should have no difficulty in holding.

Owing to the fact that Squires and Montgomery are not able to play, Brill and Fultz will go in at left and right tackle respectively. Parker will be back at left guard and Foster will play left halfback.

The line-up of the two teams follows: HARVARD.  SPRINGFIELD. O'Brien, l.e.  r.e., Peckham Brill, l.t.  r.t., Briggs Parker, l.g.  r.g., Lawson White, c.  c., Wright Kersburg, r.g.  l.g., Holmes, Marks Fultz, r.t.  l.t., Kerr Burnham, r.e.  l.e., Werner Starr, q.b.  q.b., Carrell Foster, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Young Wendell, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Honhardt Carr, f.b.  f.b., Mason (captain)

The football squad had no regular scrimmage yesterday afternoon but two teams went through a long signal practice. This was preceded by a line-up for punts, in which Coach Waters devoted considerable time to the tackles. Leonard and Foster did the punting and got off some high, long kicks. Peirce and Squires ran through signal practice with the second eleven.