DORMITORY CREW RACES

To be Held on November 8, 9 and 10.--Bumping Races a Possibility.

At the meeting of the Dormitory crew captains last evening it was decided to hold the races on November 8, 9 and 10. A plan of holding bumping races, similar to those rowed by Oxford and Cambridge, was discussed, but no definite decision was reached. The exact nature of the races will probably be announced on Monday. If bumping races are decided upon, they will be rowed upstream, above the University boathouse, a distance of one and half miles. If it is decided to row regular straight-away races, they will be held on the basin, from the Longwood Bridge to the Union Boat Club, a distance of one and seven-eights miles. First and second prizes will probably be given. If bumping races are held the crews will be divided into divisions and prizes given to the winner of each division.

The work of the crews during the past three days has shown no great improvement, many of the crews still being in the rudimentary stage. The development is seriously retarded by the failure of men to report regularly. Some trouble has been caused by lack of oars, but new ones have been ordered and are expected today or tomorrow.