Gifts to Gore Hall Library

The Gore Hall library has recently received from the Japanese government several hundred sheets of maps of the official surveys of Japan; the library is indebted to Baron Kikkawa '83 and to Mr. I. Tanaka, librarian of the imperial library in Tokio for presenting its application to the government.

The library has also received from the German government the complete set of the stenographic records of the German Reichstag from 1867 to the present day and of the Prussian Landstag. This work comprises 255 volumes, and is probably the only complete set in this country.

Over four-thousand volumes of the Hohenzollern collection of German history, which have been stored away in the basement of Robinson Hall, were removed to Gore Hall in the summer. This collection when completed will amount to about ten thousand volumes, and was promised to the University by Prof. A. C. Coolidge in commemoration of the visit of Prince Henry of Prussia in March, 1902. Mr. Liechtenstein, curator of the collection, is now in Europe, in search of other volumes to complete the set.