AGREEMENT WITH U. OF P.

States That All Disputes be Placed In Hands of Graduate Committee.

Professor White has given out the following statement upon the action taken in regard to certain members of the Pennsylvania team:

"In view of statements appearing in the public press regarding Harvard's protest of certain Pennsylvania players, the Chairman of the Athletic Committee desires to make the following statement of Harvard's position:

By the articles of agreement between the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard lists of players are to be exchanged at least three weeks before the game. Any objection to the eligibility of a player must be made within ten days after his name has been received. One graduate of each, University is to be appointed to act as an arbitration Committee to decide all questions arising under the agreement. This arbitration committee is to act upon the objection within four days. In case of disagreement the arbitration committee has power to appoint a third person to act as umpire.

When the Pennsylvania list was received at Harvard, the names of two players were noticed whose eligibility seemed questionable to the Harvard Football Management. Exercising his undoubted right, Captain Hurley at once forwarded a respectful protest. The name of one of these persons is apparently to be withdrawn. Regarding the other person, the question of his eligibility turned upon a perfectly legitimate difference of opinion with respect to the application of the eligibility rules. The protest implies no charge of bad faith in the matter, and is one which ought to be discussed and settled in an entirely friendly manner. The arrangement for settling such cases provided by the articles of agreement gives no occasion for arousing bad feeling or recrimination.

Harvard proposes to accept the result of the arbitration without further discussion. There is absolutely no intention or desire on Harvard's part of withdrawing from the game."