Freshmen Defeat Sophomores, 6-0

Yesterday afternoon in the second game of the interclass football series the Freshmen defeated the Sophomores by a score of 6 to 0.

Both teams played a poor defensive game, although the Sophomores were generally able to hold at critical moments. On the offense both teams played fast and aggressively. The Sophomores were in possession of the ball much of the time, and the Freshmen's only score was made on a fluke.

The Freshmen kicked off to the Sophomores' 35-yard line. By straight rushing the ball was carried 40 yards toward the Freshman goal, where there was a fumble, and the ball rolled out of the scrimmage. Severance picked up the ball and ran 75 yards for a touchdown. Forchheimer kicked the goal. During the remainder of the half neither goal was threatened.

In the second half the Sophomores kicked off to the Freshmen, who carried the ball by short consecutive gains to the Sophomores' 5-yard line, where they lost it on downs. On the next play Taylor went around the Freshmen's left end with a clear field ahead of him, but the run was not allowed, as the Freshmen were not ready when the play was started. Time was called on account of darkness with 8 minutes left to play.

The line-up: 1908  1909 Verdi, l.e.  r.e., Jones Washburn, l.t.  r.t., Comstock Harris, l.g.  r.g., Forchheimer (capt.) Burdett, c.  c., Nourse Tubby, r.g.  l.g., Tappin Rand, r.t.  l.t., Severance Francis, r.e.  l.e., Nickerson Taylor, q.b. (capt.)  q.b., Simons Knoblauch, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Clark Haskell, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Graydon Mackay, Clark, f.b.  f.b., Cutler

The final game of the interclass series will be played between the Seniors and the Freshmen tomorrow afternoon at 3 o'clock.