HURLEY WILL NOT PLAY

In Yale Game Owing to Injuries.--So Announced at Mass Meeting Last Night.

Coach Reid announced last evening in his speech at the football mass meeting that Captain Hurley would not play in the game on Saturday, because of an injury to his leg. Hurley tore a muscle in his leg in the first scrimmage of the year and was not in the play again until the Carlisle game. In that game he received a rather serious blow on the head, and since then his leg has become gradually worse, as a result of the early injury.

Coach Reid said that although the team will play without its captain, it will play for its captain, and every man in the University will stand behind it. The unity and support of the whole University has never been so strong before. The team will go into the game not daunted by Yale's strength, but desperate and confident.

The meeting last evening was the largest and most enthusiastic of the year. Half an hour before the scheduled time every seat was taken and hundreds of men were crowded into the halls. Trainer McMasters made the first speech and was loudly cheered. He said that he had complete faith in Coach Reid, and that the men were in fine physical condition.

Besides the old songs four new ones were sung, "Harvard's Day," "We're Harvard Men," "On Soldiers Field," and "Whoop 'Er Up a Bit." All of these except "Harvard's Day" were retained for use at the game.