YALE WINS

SCORE 6 to 0.

Soldiers Field, November 25, 1905.--Harvard and Yale met this afternoon in the Stadium in the annual football game. Fully an hour before the time set for the game, the crowd of 41,000 people had begun to arrive on the field; the Harvard stands filled first.

At 1.30 o'clock the University band took their places in front of the cheering section and began to play Harvard airs. Hardley a cloud was in the sky and the air was scarcely bracing enough for good football. The warm weather favored the lighter Yale team. A stiff southwest wind was blowing diagonally across the field.

The field was in excellent conditions, and the wind that blew all the morning has removed all traces of last night's shower.

At 1.45 the band started "Out Director" and the Harvard section, led by Stephenson, joined in the chorus, everyone giving a cheer at the end.

Yale led off by a cheer for Harvard, which was quickly answered from the opposite side of the field. The Yale band then started "Boola," which was quickly followed by "On Soldiers Field," the new Harvard song.

At exactly 2 o'clock the Yale team came on the field, and it was given loud cheers by the Yale and Harvard sections. After passing around the ball for a minute they lined up for signals.

Two minutes later Knowlton led the Harvard team came on the field, amid tremendous cheers. They also lined up for signals. Yale also lined up for signals. Yale then tried a few punts.

A cheer was given for Captain Hurley by the Harvard stand.

Knowlton won the toss and chose to receive the Kick-off defending the south goal.

The teams lined up as follows: HARVARD.  YALE. Leary, l.e.  r.e., Shelvlin Brill, l.t.  r.t., Bigelow Burr, l.g.  r.g., Tripp Parker, c.  c., Flanders Kersburg, r.g.  l.g., Erwin Squires, r.t.  l.t., Forbes Knowlton, r.e.  l.e., Cates Starr, q.b.  q.b., T. Jones Foster, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Morse Wendell, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Roome Carr, f.b.  f.b., Quill

Bigelow kicked to Starr on 10-yard line.

Brill gained two and one-half yards through left guard.

Burr punted to Yale's 48-yard line, tackle by Leary. Failing to gain on two rushes. Rooms punted outside on Harvard's 30-yard line. Squires twice went through left tackle making five yards. Carr made five yards through right tackle. Squires went through right tackle. Squires went through left guard for five yards. Squires tried centre and was pushed along for four yards.

With Squires still back, Wendell took the ball through for three yards. Squires went through centre for eight yards. Squires gained one more yard through centre, Brill was then called back and Foster went through left guard for one yard. With third down and two yards to gain Brill was only able to gain a yard and the ball went to Yale on their 43-yard line.

Roome gained two yards outside left tackle. Quill made three yards outside left tackle and added three more through the same side. Roome made two yards through Kersburg. Quill was dragged along for 13 yards through left guard. Morse gained one yard, but on the next play Quill added five Yards. Ball on Harvard's 35-yard line. Quill made three yards through centre. Yale made one yard on next rush, but lost five yards for offside play. Quill made two yards through right guard. Ball on Harvard's 25-yard line.

Quill made two yards through left guard. On the next rush Quill went through centre for one yard. Bigelow failed to gain through centre. Quill gained three yards through right guard. Quill failed to make the distance and the ball went to Harvard on their 17-yard line.

Foster failed to gain through centre. Wendell went round right end going outside on the 20-yard line. Squires went through centre for two yards. Burr dropped back for a kick and Starr tried for a run round left end, but was tackled by Roome for a loss of two yards. Wendell went around Shelvlin's end for three yards on a split play.

Burr punted to Yale's 40-yard line, and the ball went over Morese's head and Wendell downed the ball for Harvard. Roome was tackled for a loss by Knowlton. Roome punted from position to Starr on Harvard's 38-yard line.

Wendell failed to gain through right tackle. Ball passed back for a kick. The pass was low, but Carr punted to Jones on Yale's 20-yard line, who was instantly downed by Leary. Morse failed to gain through Kersburg. Jones tried a quarterback run, but was thrown by Leary. Roome punted to Starr on Yale's 50-Yard line.

Starr was allowed a fair catch and held the ball for Burr on Yale's 51-yard line. Burr attempted a goal from placement, but the ball dropped over the goal line just to the left of the post.

Roome punted out from the 20-yard line outside, but the play was called back. Roome then made a short punt to Burr, who caught the ball on Yale's 40-yard line.

Squires gained two yards through right guard. Carr added two more through the same place. Squires then broke through left guard for three yards. Wendell went outside right tackle for three yards. But Squires failed to gain in the same place. Harvard lost the ball on downs on Yale's 28-yard line.

Roome gained one yard through left guard. Then Quill added a yard through the same place. Roome punted outside on Yale's 48-yard line.

Brill was called back and gained seven yards through Erwin. Parker was hurt, but remained in the game. Brill went through Bigelow for one yard. Foster added a yard through centre. Brill failed to gain the necessary distance and the ball went to Yale on Yale's 37-yard line.

Quill broke through centre for three yards added three more by hurdling centre. Quill again gained two yards through centre. Roome added four more through left guard, Morse gained two yards outside right tackle. Foster injured his knee.

Roome went round Leary's end for 45 yards. Starr missed him, but he was finally downed on Harvard's 15-yard line by Wendell. Quill gained two yards through centre. Quill made two more through right guard.

Quill failed to gain his distance and the ball went to Harvard on their 10-yard line. Brill went through left guard for eight yards. Brill gained two yards more through centre. Foster went through left tackle for one yard. Burr dropped back for a kick. The pass was low, but he punted to Yale's 50-yard line and Parker fell on it just as time was called.

Score--Harvard, 0; Yale, 0.

The Harvard team played a magnificent game in the first half and succeeded in holding Yale's powerful attack, twice securing the ball on downs. Harvard's offense was also brilliant and used a greater variety of plays than ever before this season. Squires made the best gains, breaking through the Yale line repeatedly for five yards at a time. With Squires back Wendell also carried the ball with good results, taking the right side of Yale's line by surprise. The Harvard eleven seemed even stronger at the end of the half than at the beginning of the game. This was effectively demonstrated when Yale, after Roome had made his 45-yard run, was immediately held for downs when only 11 yards from Harvard's goal line. Burr's punting was much superior to that of Roome. Knowleton, played an excellent game at end.

Both teams came back on the field at 3.25.

The Second Half.

Barney replaced Parker at centre. Burr kicked to Jones on Yale's five-yard line. After one rush Roome punted to Foster, who was downed at mid-field.

Brill made seven yards on two tries through centre. Brill was dragged outside right guard for five yards. H. Jones took Cates' place at left end. Starr was hurt, but continued in the game.

Brill made two yards through centre, then three more through Forbes. Brill went through left tackle, gaining 2 1-2 yards, and followed with three more through centre.

Morse taken out for rough playing. Hoyt took Morse's place.

Foster lost one yard and then kicked from position to Yale's 10-yard line; the kick was run back to Yale's 35-yard line. Roome was dragged along through left guard for seven yards; he added 12 more through left end; he then failed to gain. Hoyt punted to Foster, who was downed on Harvard's 25-yard line.

Squires made three yards through centre. Wendell went round Forbes for eight yards. Squires failed to gain on the next play. Squires gained five yards outside Erwin. Squires added two more through centre, and gained two yards outside Forbes. He made it first down through centre. Harvard was penalized five yards for offside play. Carr went around Shevlin's end for 20 yards. Brill was pushed through left guard for eight yards. He added two more in the same place; Squires made three yards through left guard, leaving the ball on Yale's 35-yard line.

Wendell went through left tackle for two yards. Levine took Quill's place at fullback for Yale. Squires broke through left tackle for six yards. Wendell hurdled Forbes for three more, putting the ball on Yale's 25-yard line. Hockernberger goes in at left guard and Hutchinson replaced Jones at quarterback. Squires made three yards through Forbes, but was penalized five yards for offside play. Starr lost five yards on a quarterback run round end. Burr punted to Hutchinson who was downed on Yale's 19-yard line.

Roome gained four yards through left tackle. On the next play Roome was tackled by Carr and failed to gain. Hoyt-punted to Starr, who was instantly downed on Harvard's 43-yard line. Foster gained one yard through Bigelow; Brill gained two yards through right guard; Burr punted outside on Yale's 49-yard line. Nichols replaced Foster at left halfback.

Yale got the ball on a fumble, and punted to Harvard's 30-yard line. Nichols fumbled, and Yale got the ball on Harvard's 30-yard line. Levine gained two yards through left guard, and Forbes added two more in the same place. Levine went round left end for five yards. Forbes made one yard and Levine added three around left end. Forbese made two more through centre. Forbes added one yard on the next rush, putting the ball on Harvard's 11 yard line. Brill was hurt. Montgomery takes his place.

Levine broke through for six yards, and then for two more, putting the ball on Harvard's three-yard line. Forbes went through right tackle for a touchdown.

Hoyt kicked a goal.

Score--Yale, 6; Harvard, 0.

Burr kicked off to Shevlin, who received the ball over the goal line and ran it back 17 yards. Levine went outside left guard for four yards and added three more through Squires. Forbes gained one yard; Levine made it first down around left end. Levine was unable to gain through centre. Yale penalized five yards for offside play. Knox tried right end but lost five yards. Knox went through right tackle for 10 yards. Hoyt punted to Nichols, who was downed on the 40-yard line. Newhall replaced Starr at quarterback.

Nichols gained three yards through left tackle. Wendell went round right end for three yards. Montgomery made three yards through centre. Nichols on a cross buck gained one yard. Wendell lost five yards, but recovered the ball. Burr punted to Hutchinson on the 35-yard line, who ran it back 15 yards.

Flinn replaced Levine at fullback..

With Beigelow back, Yale failed to gain. Smith went in at centre in place of Flanders. Having gained only two yards on the next rush, Hoyt punted to Harvard's 28-yard line. A Yale player touching the ball, Montgomery failed to gain. Burr punted to Hutchinson, who was downed on Yale's 40-yard line.

Flinn made four yards through left guard.

Flinn made four yards through centre. Time was called with the ball one Yale's 50-yard line.

Final score--Yale, 6; Harvard, 0.--Courtesy of The Boston Globe.THE YALE TEAM AND SUBSTITUTES.

Score--Harvard, 0; Yale, 0.

The Second Half.

Hoyt kicked a goal.

Score--Yale, 6; Harvard, 0.

Flinn replaced Levine at fullback..