DORMITORY ROWING

Crews Which Report Regularly Have improved.--One Eight Disbanded.

The practice of the Dormitory crews during the past week has been most satisfactory among these that report regularly. Though the same faults that have characterized all the work so far, namely, a tendency to rush the slides, and clip the stroke at the finish, are still evident, great improvement has been made in this direction, and the coaches expect that in another week the crews will be in good condition for the race. Special attention has been given to starting, as in a bumping race much depends on a quick start.

At the Newell Boat Club the crews are fairly even. The men are reporting regularly and taking great interest in the work. All the crews are rowing well together, and the race promises to be very close. The following crews are rowing from the Newell: Claverly, Grays, Thayer, Waverly, Fairfax (two crews), Mt. Auburn street, Perkins, Conant, Russell, Dunster-Drayton.

At the Weld Boat Club the work has not progressed so well. The Westmorly eight has only rowed twice during the past week. At the beginning of the season this crew seemed to be the best, but is now in a very disorganized condition. The Randolph crew has disbanded, owing to lack of material. Some of the men have been distributed among the other crews. The weld, Matthews and two Holyoke crews have all made some improvement, but are still hampered by failure to report regularly. The Holworthy-Hollis crew is continuing to row in excellent form. This crew is composed of green material, and is one of the lightest on the river. The men, however, report regularly, and show an interest in the work. As only one week remains before the races, it is important that every man should report at the hour announced for his crew to row.