CHANGE IN TUITION CHARGES

Additional Fee for Each Course Above Minimum Required for Each Year.

In order to decrease the inequality between the amount of tuition paid by those who take the degree of A.B. in four years and the amount paid by those who take the degree in three years, and in general to adjust the charges for tuition more closely to the amount of instruction taken by each student in the College, the Scientific School, and the Graduate School, the Corporation has established a supplementary fee of $20 a full course and $10 a half course for all courses which a student takes in excess of the number required each year of members of his class, school, or program. Thus a student in the College will be charged at the rate of $20 per full course for each course taken in excess of five in the Freshman year, and in excess of four in each subsequent year. A student in the Scientific School will be similarly charged for all courses in excess of the number, whether prescribed or elective, which his program each year requires. A student in the Graduate School will be charged the supplementary fee for each course in excess of five in his first year and in excess of four in subsequent years.

The fees for single courses, that is, for persons taking less work than that for which they would be charged the regular fee of $150 will remain as at present. Special students in the College will be allowed to take five courses in the first year of their residence, and four in each subsequent year for the regular fee of $150. Special students in the Scientific School will be charged $150 for full work, and the supplementary fee for courses in excess of full work.

Each student will be supposed to have definitely chosen the courses of study remaining on his list at the end of the third complete calendar week of the academic year, and will be charged accordingly, whether every course is pursued to completion or not; but the customary deductions will still be made from the regular fee of one hundred and fifty dollars for those whose connection with the University is severed during the year, or who enter late in the year. In the second half year three calendar weeks will be allowed for changes of courses as at the beginning of the academic year.

The changes above described are embodied in the forthcoming edition of the University Catalogue, pages 581 and 476. They will take effect beginning with the academic year 1906-07.