Prof. Peabody to Lecture at Berlin.

In fulfillment of the plan agreed upon by. Harvard and the Prussian Ministry of Education, Professor E. G. Peabody '69, Dean of the Faculty of Divinity, Plummer Professor of Christian Morals, and Chairman of the Board of Preachers to the University, has been designated as the Harvard lecturer at the University of Berlin in the first half of the next academic year. Professor Peabody was selected by the University of Berlin from a list of professors available for such service which was furnished to the Rector of the University of Berlin. Professor Peabody's lectures will be on the subject dealt with by the department which he has organized and in which he has taught for over twenty years--the ethics of the social question. His lectures will probably be divided into the following two classes: "The Social Question in the United States," and "The Christian Character in the Modern World." The lectures will be an application of ethical theory to the social problems of the present day, dealing with subjects not only within the realm of sociology but also in that of economics, but treating them with emphasis on the moral aspects of the social situation and on the philosophy of society involved.

A list of professors at the University of Berlin available for service in Cambridge in the first half of the next academic year will shortly be submitted to President Eliot; and as soon as the Berlin professor is selected by Harvard the arrangements for the first year of this international exchange will be complete.