HOCKEY WITH YALE

Final Game of Intercollegiate Series this Evening at 8.15 in New York.

The University hockey team will play Yale in the final game for the intercollegiate championship at 8.15 o'clock this evening at the St. Nicholas Rink, New York. Both teams have won all their games this season and the game this evening promises to be the fastest and most closely contested of the intercollegiate schedule. If victorious, Harvard will gain permanent possession of the Stoddard and Ceballos cups, which, to be permanently secured, must be won three years. Yale won them in 1902, and Harvard has held them the past two years.

In spite of recent changes in the defense the University team plays well together. As the offense has played together throughout the season it has developed concerted team work and is, on the whole, stronger than the defense, which has been together but a short time. Until recently the playing has been rather ragged, but during the past week marked improvement has been shown. The men are slightly slow both in starting and turning, but this is counterbalanced by accurate shooting and fast skating. Individually the players are fast for heavy men. Callaway and Wilder, the most experienced members of the team, play fast aggressive games and can be depended upon at critical moments. The other two forwards are effective in body-checking and team work, but Pell is inclined to be slow in following back after losing the puck. In the backfield the chief fault is insufficient body-checking. Manning is an experienced goal-keeper.

The team work of the Yale seven is excellent, due partly to the fact that six of the members of the team are veterans of last year. While the men are slightly outweighed by the Harvard players they make up for this disadvantage by speed and ability in stick work.

Judging from Harvard's defeat of Princeton on January 23 by only one goal, while Yale won from Princeton last Saturday by a score of 9 to 3, the chances seem to favor Yale.

The line-up will be as follows: HARVARD.  YALE. Wilder, r.c.  l.e., Behr Callaway, r.c.  l.c., Marcus Townsend, l.c.  r.c., Cornell Pell, l.e.  r.e., Shepard Newhall, c.p.  c.p., Fliun Sard, p.  p., Feitner Manning, g.  g., Laug