Fencing News.

On February 18 a round robin fencing tournament will be held in the Hemenway Gymnasium for the purpose of selecting men for the University team. Nine teams have already entered, and in order that all the teams may be of equal strength each team will be composed of one experienced and two inexperienced men. Each man will fence all the men on the other teams and the members of the team winning the greatest number of matches will be awarded cups which have been offered by several graduates.

About 30 men are now practicing on the University fencing squad on Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons under the direction of H. W. Holmes '03, and W. MacLeod 1L. Twenty of these men are also receiving special instruction under M. Pianelli.

Directly following the mid-year period there will be a tournament open to all men who are interested in fencing, and also a closed tournament which will be open only to members of the University. Later in February there will be a junior tournament, open to all members of the University who have never won prizes in an open novice tournament. All these tournaments will be held under the auspices of the Fencers Club and cups will be awarded the winners.

On February 25 the quadrangular meet between Harvard, Yale, Pennsylvania, and the Institute of Technology will be held in the Hemenway Gymnasium, and on March 3, Harvard, Cornell, Pennsylvania, Columbia, West Point and Annapolis will be held on March 25 at the New York Athletic Club. Several matches with Technology, to be held after the mid-years, are also being arranged.